So i decided after gaming for two hours and fattening myself on sushi that I should start working on my costume for Anime north. So four hours later at 1:30 am...This is what i had done so far.
The measurements i had for the top and tail.
I actually ended up using really crappy fabric for this...my choice of fabric would be galaxy twill but when i was in hong kong they were selling broadcloth in the right color for ..1.50 a meter LOL And the super long rolls too so it was a huge piece of fabric! So i went for it instead and opted to double the fabric and add lining to it. It oddly worked out ok, though i had to add more pins and it looked so frumpy before ironing it.
This was the top after i sewed the pieces to the lining and was in the process of darting it.
The inside of it...dartdartdart.
Before ironing. The frumpy top :c
Middle is pinned together because no buttons :D
I forgot to take photos of the latter parts of construction cause mother decided to come by and tell me the costume i'm cosplaying must no be a "pretty girl" because pretty girls don't wear bright pink and green LOL. And its true, Ranka isn't pretty, thats Sheryl's job~<3. So we both talked about how much faster i sewed now compared to last year, and then i told her it only feels that way cause time is passing faster because we are getting old ORZ.
I just have minor fitting adjusting, bias taping and the buttons left to do for the top, and the cuff links on the back of the top which i'll hopefully find the pieces for.
All in all it was a productive four hours of my night. I would've raged all night anyways if i kept playing.






Wow! Nice work! ♥
ReplyDeleteThank you xDD I actually updated with more progress too!
Delete