Friday, May 11, 2012

Mahou Shoujo Ranka Lee Cosplay Progress : 75%

So i kept working and working on it sporadically and kept wondering why there was still so much more to do...then i realized this costume has so many buttons/notions/details...which is why lol.
Here's a picture of what its supposed to look like..still a lot of details, fitting and clasps to sew on, not to mention i'm still missing the headband, hat and tie. I'm probably not going to make the hat (at least not for the upcoming con, maybe AX? ) Because i don't want to be holding a hat and a wand, since wearing a top hat on top of a wig+ headband seems even sillier.

Originally i didn't want to do the first version because i didn't think pink and green (my favorite pastel combination) would look good with my skin tone LAWD. However as much as i love wearing black, the black version just lacks the umpf aspect the first color scheme had. But maybe i'll make it next year!

I couldn't find stretchy knit material for her stockings so i opted to try dyeing some white knit.  I also forgot to wear gloves. Gross blue tinted hands for a few days.
I used  the Tin pots of Dye that Fabricland had, since it was on sale, i tried mixing a cyan and yellow together, however it turned out to be a bit greener than i wanted. However in natural lighting and paired with my costume it seemed to work fine, that and when it stretched on my legs it was lighter. Yay. Happy accidents.

The stockings after dying looked like that, there's my bow and the base of the costume.
 

I fixed those poorly made buttons since then. Repainted and glossed. Still need hook eye's so i don't flash anyone.


 I really hate sewing buttons, which is why i'm leaving them for last  LOL.
The cuffs, i wanted them to stay on my wrists so i somehow sewed some thick elastics on the inside.


 And then i broke a needle because old, half broken  home machines can't take 5+ layers of twill plus Velcro ;_;.


 The "fake" garters. I  didn't want to bother, however i made a elastic garter for the stockings so they'd stay up, however i'm not sure if i  like the feel of elastic move on my butt when walking...so i might end up sewing the garter i made onto the shorts.


And...yeah :D
Getting closer to finished, i think i'm past halfway...don't mind the unclipped shoes need to cut and velcro the tops :D And bows..everywhere stockings still @_@

I also dyed my hair! More on that later. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow!! This is really good~! <3 I look forward to seeing the final result of this

    ReplyDelete